Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 15 of 30: KEEPING RECORDS

DAY 15 OF 30!
TIGHT BODY 30 DAY CHALLENGE!
Another weekend down! Two weeks to go! This is GREAT news, as you're half way there, or half way done, depending on how you look at it. By now, you should be over any detoxification effects, and feeling more energy, clear thinking, and a general sense of good health and well being. Congratulations!

 
KEEPING RECORDS

Today I'd like to talk about the importance of keeping records. You keep records of your spending in your checkbook. You more than likely, keep records such as oil changes,  brake checks, etc., for your vehicle. Why not keep some records for yourself? Nothing fancy, you're not writing a book here (although you could if you desired too), you're simply keeping track of your daily dealings, and holding yourself accountable to both yourself, and outside commitments. 

TYPES OF RECORDS

FOOD DIARY

I'll admit it, keeping a food diary isn't all that exciting, in fact, I find it quite monotonous. This is why I prefer to put myself on a meal plan. I'd rather take the time to map out a solid meal plan, and follow it for a designated time, than try to keep track of every morsel, and liquid I ingest everyday. Do what works for you. Understand, part of reaching your health and fitness goals is knowing EXACTLY what you're fueling yourself with, and that means EVERYTHING you ingest. This is a great way to pin down food allergies, improper timing of meals, portion size, and to assess the quality of individual items.

EXERCISE LOG

Keeping an exercise log allows you to 'see' the big picture. Where you started, what exercises you did, how many repetitions, how many sets, etc. You can easily assess if you're making progress, simply by looking through your log. You can also use your log to break through plateau's by looking at what you've done, and changing things up a bit. Logs can be motivational, as well.

DAILY ACTIVITIES / COMMITMENTS

It's easy to see how you spend your time when you record your duties and obligations for the day. Recording these events can tell you if you're over-planning, or it can help you see places where time can be used more wisely. Many times, it's useful when one feels they've done 'nothing' that day, only to discover they have conquered more than 13 items, now that's motivational!

JOURNALING

Many people journal their thoughts, feelings, and future plans and/or ideas. Journaling in this manner keeps the creative genes alive. Write down inspirational quotes you like, titles to songs, books, or a movie you like to rent or go see. As ideas come to you, find your journal page and make a note. When you attend a meeting or seminar, again write what stands out to you. Be sure to write future activities you want to participate in, or a new PR you want to set. These pages are fun to read through at the end of the year.

LOOKING AHEAD

VISION BOARDS

Vision boards are a great way to remind yourself quickly, with a visual aid, of what you desire in life. Your short-term goals, and long-term goals. Pull pictures of your end results from magazines, newspapers, books, wherever you find it, and arrange them creatively on your vision board (posterboard, etc.). Be sure to put your board where you will see it often.

I created a Vision Book, many years ago. I have about twenty-five various topics ranging from people, places, to things. When I began, I put it together thinking to myself, "Really?  I can't believe I'm spending my time doing this." It seemed to be almost like making a fantasy book, dream-come-true book, etc. After several months, I had it put together in a way I liked, and I put it on a shelf. Occasionally, I would take it off the shelf to drop something into one of the pockets to add at a later date. I looked at it thoroughly about a month ago. I was overcome with gratitude. As I looked at the pages, many of my 'Dreams' had indeed come true throughout the years. People I clipped pictures of from popular magazines, I now had pictures of me with them, and they have since become my friends. 

I highly recommend keeping records. Keep records that fit you, and your lifestyle. We're all in various 'Times and Seasons', so find what works for you!

"IT IS NOT UNTIL WE KNOW WHERE WE'VE BEEN - THAT WE CAN DETERMINE WHERE WE'RE GOING, AND HOW TO GET THERE. "
                 - Jill Nix       

HAPPY DAY 15! I hope you're keeping a record of your CHALLENGE!





No comments:

Post a Comment